Sunday, November 1, 2009

Office Mayhem

I cruised into San Francisco today to visit Molly Mayhem. I brought along some Chai High honey from Bee Kind in Sebastopol, and the nectar that is Larrupin sauce. The chai-infused honey is a new treat I found at the Santa Rosa harvest fest a few weeks ago, and the sweet-and-tart Larrupin is a staple in my fridge. Both are loaded with awesome.
Molly and I usually get something to eat whenever we hang out, so she brought me to the Chow near her place. The prosciutto and arugula pizza, with Lunatic Lager was a great afternoon refresher, but I want to bring up something very important:



















Banana Butterscotch creme pie. Molly would also like to interject with her superb pumpkin pie. The butterscotch and big chunks of banana are a nice twist against the usual banana creme, giving extra dimensions of sweetness. This was a daily special, but that's no reason for you to stay away; Chow's menu is full of hand-crafted comfort food to enjoy. You should go...right now.

I left with Molly's old writing desk in the back seat of my car. It's a bit of a trek, hauling office furniture in a small convertible, out of San Francisco and about 50 miles up the road, at night, in November, but now my laptop has a nice place to sleep. Thanks, Molly!

No comments:

Post a Comment