Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tomato-Brie Sandwiches

My neighbor hooked up some more food yesterday: he happened to buy a baguette that he had no idea what to do with (I know, right?) and unloaded it on me. He just couldn't leave the free sample girl hanging. I knew exactly what this situation needed, and today I followed through:



















Tomato & brie sandwiches:
  • French baguette, split lengthwise, brushed with olive oil
  • Thick-sliced brie cheese
  • Tomato, sliced
  • Basil
I used roma tomatoes because they fit better on the bread. Also, don't feel pressured to use fancy-schmancy brie; a cheap everyday brie for five or six bucks works fine. I kept a couple sections for my dinner and gave the rest to my neighbor for appetizers. The salad is mixed greens, more tomato, balsamic vinaigrette, and crumbled gorgonzola.

I first had this sandwich before a flight out of Paris to Algeria. I think it's funny that even their fast food centers around satisfying the French craving for gobs of rich, soft cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment