Monday, October 26, 2009

Lemon, Dropped

Tonight I tried to recreate a delicious dessert. I failed miserably, but let's not focus on that. I first had it in Lisbon, not that it's particularly Portuguese, that's just where I was at the time. It's not complicated, but it has to be done just so:



















  • Lemon gelato
  • Vodka
  • Lemon slice and cinnamon stick garnish
When done properly, it comes out tasting like a vodka tonic. When ice cream is foolishly substituted for sorbet, as I did, it's a wreck, as the alcohol curdles the cream. You just can't fool chemistry. The real deal is a treat: the sorbet is cool and refreshing after a meal, and it lets you keep the cocktail hour going a bit longer.

2 comments:

  1. You get a 10 for presentation though Tobes. Well done. I'll be trying this real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please follow this photo. I will too in the future. I spared you the slapdash imitation I made.

    ReplyDelete