Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pranqster beer isn't fooling around

Can I drop a bad line to start? Pranqster is no joke. While I wait for more permanent housing in California, I am currently shacked up in a low-rent hotel attached to a bar and pizza restaurant. As an occasional Dungeons & Dragons player, it's actually quite entertaining to tell people that I'm "staying at the inn." The advantage is that I'm mere yards away from an excellent selection of beer and liquor. Tonight's experiment is the aforementioned Belgian-style ale from the North Coast Brewing Company (bless their souls!)
I'll admit, I didn't exactly balance this beer well with my meal, as it completely outclassed the cold sausage-and-veggie pizza I had (which, to be fair, was pretty good hot.) I knew by the Pranqster's golden-brown color I was in for something good. It starts with a sweet, citrusy aroma. The beer is very smooth, with a mild bubble. It tastes like honey, and I pick up an aftertaste like wild blackberries. It's a beer to be enjoyed on the porch on a Summer afternoon, a refreshment before dinner with some fruits and cheese. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment