Monday, May 16, 2011

This bread is bananas. *B-A-N-A-N-A-S*

I eat a lot of bananas. Normally I don't let them reach such a state. This can mean only one thing: banana bread.


After some quick Google searching and tapping my Facebook posse, I had no shortage of recipes to try. I let Tina be my guide, since the secret ingredient was interesting enough. Everything was pretty much on hand, though I may be overdue to buy a powered mixer. I left out the walnuts, because walnuts are horrible.

Yeah. I said it.


I opted for a muffin format and I was pretty happy with the results. The bread is a snack/dessert type: sweet and lightly tart, very soft, with a good banana flavor. Next time I may portion more banana batter into each muffin pocket. That sounds dirty.


I really like the muffins and I'm sure I'll make them again. They're best served fresh; after a day they're a little stiff but not bad (I've eaten two while writing this post.) Another recipe suggested a healthy breakfast bread with oats and flax seed, and I'd like to try some things like macadamias, almond slivers, or coconut shreds. It's worth experimenting with...

No comments:

Post a Comment