Monday, April 18, 2011

Duvel Green Belgian Golden Ale

A few months ago my favorite grocery store shuttered, and since then I've felt like a refugee. My buddy Mario from Arms Armor and Awesome knows I care about the food I buy. He suggested the Whole Foods near his place, which is not uncommon in the Bay Area, but this one had a special treat: a tap room.

A store where I can grab a beer and other needful things? Brilliant! I dropped by today. They have numerous beers on tap in any style you like. I decided to refresh myself with this...



Duvel Green Belgian Golden Ale. Honey-like in color and texture, it's hoppy, lightly sweet, with flavors of citrus and berries. It's a great beer for Spring.

I drank as the Giants scored run after run against the Rockies. After a glass I pored over tender mangoes, organic bananas, a dozen different granolas, and bulk medjool dates. Still no bulk hummus base, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment