Friday, April 10, 2009

The Bachelor Gourmet/Cranberry goat-cheese pork chops

If I have one goal as a food fan, it's to raise the bar for bachelor food. You know: take-out and delivery stuff, frozen dinners, ramen, leftovers you bring back from the visit with Mom... It's all tasty, but I think we single guys can do better. I love fresh food, and I don't think it has to be complicated or hard.
To that end, I present tonight's dinner:


Pork chop stuffed with goat cheese and cranberries, with lime-pepper asparagus and garlic-mozzarella focaccia. Here's a closer look:


Here are my dude-friendly instructions:
  • Get some goat cheese (it's a soft white cheese that comes in little packages) and dried cranberries
  • Mix them together in a bowl. Use as many cranberries as you want to eat. Just mash it all together with your hands.
  • Cut a pocket into the side of the pork. Not a flap, not in half, but a pocket.
  • Stuff the pork with the cheese and cranberries
  • Close them up with a toothpick. Notice the spillage in the photo? You wanna avoid that.
  • Rub the chops on both sides with olive oil and black pepper. Don't go nuts with the pepper.
  • Broil the chops for 5 or 6 minutes on each side.
  • Eat the chops.
Like I said, not hard. I think the meal might have taken 30 minutes from fridge to plate, tops. It's not fancy, but it's delicious. I happened to feel like eating pork, and I wanted to jazz it up some. Really, "this might taste good in that" was the whole concept. Enjoy, bachelors.

No comments:

Post a Comment