Monday, December 7, 2009

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout

Since moving to Sonoma County, I've developed a wonderful new relationship with the Lagunitas brewing company. Put simply, what they brew, I drink. I'm experiencing a lot of their seasonals for the first time this year, and when I saw this the other day I couldn't resist:


Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout. How thoughtful of them to combine two things I love into one. Like chocolate and peanut butter, they go together so well. I enjoy stouts, and at first pour I was lost in the oppressive blackness that threatened to jettison my glass from the universe.

The brew is beyond rich. The pale-brown head and bittersweet aroma truly invoke a fresh cappuccino. The beer goes down full-bodied, creamy, and just slightly sweet. I know that coffee beers are nothing new, but this Cappuccino Stout is so finely crafted that it can't be overlooked. Before you have one, I recommend you clear your calendar; it's worth lingering over.

That's a pastrami sandwich on focaccia next to the stout. I don't know why, but lately I've been craving only things like sandwiches and burritos. What does this obsession with lunch mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment