Sunday, May 24, 2009

Speedy Delivery: One of My Favorite Pizzas

Honestly, if I were to open a restaurant, I'd like to have a specialty pizza joint. Brick ovens, indoor and outdoor seating, good for lunch or a low-key romantic dinner. Mostly I'd like to play around with different experimental ingredients. But here's a combination I can stand behind:



Greek-style chicken pizza. Yeah, I might be stretching the authenticity, but when working with oil, olives, and feta, I feel like I can take artistic license. This is what I use, layered in the order given:
  • Crust, well oiled and seasoned to taste
  • Sliced or finely-chopped garlic
  • Julienne sun-dried tomatoes
  • Fresh baby spinach leaves (eat your greens, kids!)
  • Mozzarella. Don't go too crazy, we're not done with cheese yet
  • Diced feta
  • Sliced kalamata olives
  • Diced grilled chicken
  • 425 degree oven for about 12 minutes
  • Slice and serve with a sprinkle of basil
The tomatoes get chewy and tart under the spinach, the spinach stays moist under the cheese, and the feta toasts ever so slightly around the edges. Don't hold back on the wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment